Concierge medical clinic
What is Concierge Medicine?
In the good old days family physicians knew and treated the whole family. The doctor knew all of their patients’ history, background, ailments, medications, lifestyle, and environment, and provided them with the most valuable assets he/she had; namely time, full attention, human touch, attentive care, and medical expertise. The doctor was a part of the family-someone the patient confided to, had ultimate trust in, who was accessible, and always a phone call away. The doctor treated the whole person and the whole family with dedication, determination, and continuity-hence the name the Family Doctor.
Unfortunately, overtime due to economic and political issues as well as an increase in the world population and a decrease in the number of physicians, medicine became depersonalized, remote, computerized, and bureaucratic. In order to stay afloat financially, doctors were forced to fit many patients in their day and practice; spend less time with each patient while more time with their insurance companies; face their computers rather than listen, touch and talk to their patients; and join large institutions where they would see their patients get lost in the system….. The whole structure has utterly become too complex and daunting for the patients and the doctors.
Concierge Medicine came to life to circumvent this frustration. Concierge Medicine offers patients enhanced access to their physician. It allows you to have your old fashion family doctor back in your life again. Each month you pay a membership fee to the practice and this allows your doctor to concentrate on you and your health rather than on your insurance company.
At the Geriatric Concierge Center, Dr. Ayati strongly believes that a healthy and happy aging process is based on a strong, individualized, and an ongoing patient-physician relationship. In our practice we tailor our services to suit your needs and care for you as a whole person. We develop a personal treatment plan based on your family health history, lifestyle, and health risk factors. In addition to diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses, we provide routine health screenings and counseling on lifestyle changes in an effort to prevent illnesses before they develop. We review medications, address complicated mood and behavioral disorders, and evaluate memory & cognitive functions. We also coordinate all aspects of your health care should you require services from other specialists. Our main focus is on quality of life and a happy & healthy aging process.
- What Benefits Are Offered Via Our Concierge Medical Clinic?
- 24/7 access to our medical staff
- Same day or next day appointments
- In depth medical attention from your doctor (no more 10 minute visits with your doctor where he is facing the computer rather then you)
- Personalized, patient-centered and individually tailored healthcare (it is all about you, your family, your lifestyle, your genes, and your environment)
- Disease prevention (it is all about healthy aging)
- Early diagnosis and thorough treatment
- Bedside medicine (should you need it)
- Continuity & Coordination of care (no one should get lost in the system)
- Travel medicine (preparing you for your business or pleasure trip in order to minimize your risk of illness)
- Medication & Pain management
- Treatment of Memory Loss & Dementia
- Advanced care planning
- Innovative medical care empowered with the latest scientific advances and research at your fingertips-with a side of smile naturally (we take your happiness & comfort seriously)
- What Services Do I Receive From The Center?
- Primary Care/Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Geriatric Hospitalist Model
- Subacute Care
- Palliative & End of Life Care
- ER Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Sport Medicine
- Healthy Aging
- Chronic Disease Management
- How Do I Reach the Clinic/Dr. Ayati?
- You can schedule a same day/next day appointment with Dr. Ayati (or his covering physician/ nurse practitioner) Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Access to Dr. Ayati (or his covering physician/nurse practitioner) by phone 24/7. Access to Dr. Ayati from 5:00 PM to 7:00 AM is for urgent medical inquires only.
- You can also reach Dr. Ayati/the office during business hours by email or phone for medical questions/advice or to refill your prescription(s).
- In any emergency, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room. The emergency room staff can page Dr. Ayati.
- Personalized assistance with appointment scheduling and reminders for your appointments with the Concierge clinic.
- Should you need to be hospitalized, Dr. Ayati will coordinate your care with the Stanford hospital (Dr. Ayati has medical privilege at Stanford Hospital only) staff and other specialists.
- Invitations to health-related presentations/talks by Dr. Ayati
- How much does this program cost?
- Is the cost covered by insurance?